- BEFORE – Do you really want kids?
If no or not sure, don’t have ‘em.
- BEFORE – Why do you want them?
If you don’t know, don’t have ‘em.
If you know…
- BEFORE – Can you look after them?
Give them food, water, shelter and clothes?
Education – by example and by school,
Space to know themselves,
And love even when they don’t follow you?
If no or not sure, don’t have them.
- DURING – Teach daughters to defend themselves,
Teach sons to trust their emotions,
And vice versa.
Make sure they understand
That they have the power to do anything they want,
They are allowed to fail and try again,
And (most of all) they are valued and valuable.
- AFTER – If they still want you in their lives or their kids’ lives, you did a good job.
© One Tawny Stranger, July 2015