The Nag-Hammadi Library has fourteen leather-bound books from the late fourth century containing Gnostic writings. It was found in Egypt in 1945. The books contain 52 works, including the only known complete copy of the gospel of Thomas. The books are in Coptic but seem to be translated from Greek.
Among other things they say:
- God is male and female.
- In the Garden of Eden, the serpent was right, God lied.
- Life is a battle not agains sin but against ignorance.
- Jesus kissed Mary Magdalene mouth to mouth
- Jesus preferred Mary Magdalene to Peter as the head of the church
- Jesus laughed on the cross and danced the night before.
- The God of Moses is a tin-pot god who could not even create the world right. He even attempted to seduce Eve.
In the library are Christian writings that do not appear in Scripture. Among others:
- The gospel…
View original post 270 more words