(Disclaimer: this post won’t go into much depth on the origins of circumcision. That’s too lengthy a discussion and can be read about on Wiki. My focus is on its purpose in Judaism, which by proxy explains its purpose in Christianity and Islam)
With hosts DJ Supreme and Lady Esi!
Guest speakers: Robin Travis, Emeka & Eche Egbuonu, and yours truly – One Tawny Stranger!
(link coming soon. In the meantime check out other great shows from Concious Radio. Stay tuned!)
- Founder/s: Vardhamana, better known as Mahavira*
- Approximate age: 2600 years**
- Place of origin: India
- Holy book/s: Agamas***
- Original language of holy book/s: Sanskrit
- Demonym of adherents: Jains
- Approximate number of current global adherents: 5-10,000,000
- Place of worship name/s: derasar, basadi, vasati
* Followers claim he’s not the founder, only the teacher in this era (see the time cycle at the bottom of the post) who gave the religion its present form. There is no founder as such, but the very first teacher of this half-cycle is Rishabha (aka. Rishabhadev, Ādinātha, Adish Jina, Adi Purush, Ikshvaku, Vidhata and Srista).
** However, followers claim the religion is ageless and had no beginning.
Source – naturalnews.com
– “…It’s a cold, hard, scary fact that millions of Americans were injected with CANCER when they got the polio vaccine. Plus, the oral and nasal versions of the vaccine have been spreading polio in India and leaving many children paralyzed for life”:
(The 8 Most Dangerous Medicines on Earth… are you taking any of these? – By S. D. Wells)
“It’s time to take your medicine, honey.” “But Mom, it’s making me feel weird and horrible, and I’m not getting any better.” “Well, it’s what the doctor prescribed, so it’s what we have to do.” Have you ever been told to listen to your gut? There’s a reason for that. Actually, several reasons.
Many “Western” medicines are made in laboratories using chemicals and are highly experimental, and worse yet, they’re never tested on humans, except when they’re actually prescribed, applied, or injected into them. Humans are…
View original post 823 more words
Did you know that? The guy who “discovered”* the Americas was actually called Cristoforo Colombo! Since he was ITALIAN he had an ITALIAN name!
*(after the Arawaks/ Taìnos/ Algonquins/ other native groups and Vikings, that is)
This is an example of anglicisation, the English habit of altering foreign names or words to sound more English, or at least European. To a degree everyone does it, but English people seem to take it to a whole new level of disrespect. Sometimes the anglicised forms don’t even resemble the original.
(On a slight tangent, this is why I refused to let anyone shorten my name in school. I’ve even had one boy directly say he didn’t like my name – see how racists operate? Can’t even gather enough brainpower to repeat what they hear)
Ibn Sina – Avicenna
Ibn Rushd – Averroes (the fuck?!?)
Yeshua/ Yehoshua – Jesus
Muslim – Moslem/ Mohammedan
Zarathushtra – Zoroaster
Jinn – Genie
Kurush/ Kurosh – Cyrus the great
Salahuddin (pronounced sa-laa-hud-deen) – Saladin
Mikael (pronounced mi-ka-el) – Michael (pronounced my-kerl)
David (pronounced da-veed) – David (pronounced day-vid)
Yochanan/ Yochanna – John
Azania – South Africa
Jabal-Tariq – Gibraltar
Mikołaj Kopernik – Nicholas Copernicus (did you know he was Polish?)
Piyush Jindal – Bobby (WTMFH?!?)
Leo Africanus (admittedly not English but European nonetheless) – Al-Hasan ibn Muhammad al-Wazzan!!!
People need to stop that shit, especially Africans. Simple mispronunciations are understandable, but if someone tries to shorten or rename you without your approval, don’t allow it. And don’t do it for them just to fit in or make it easier for them either, make them learn to adapt to you exactly as they like to make you do.